Friday 4 March 2022

My Self-Care Resolutions For 2022


By Abida Progga

New year resolutions equals setting great annual goals to fulfill. I know that you all have different goals already and you're working towards them. Just like you all, I also have some specific goals related to self care and in today's article I am going to share my top 5  self care resolution goals and the purpose behind them.

 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash


1. Making my friend circle small but real : 

For the past few years, I have been focusing on growing my friend circle. I thought that, the more friends I have, the happier I can be. But, it was an entirely wrong presumption. 

The fact is, the size of your friend circle never matters. If you have thousands of friends who are not actually that genuine, then you're never going to be happy. But, if you have only 1 genuine friend who understands you, feels you, helps you and encourages you, then believe me you're going to feel like the happiest person in the world. 

So, this year my first focus will be cutting down all the unreal friends and having some true friendships around me.

 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash

2. Learning to cook and eating healthy:

I can never explain how terrible my year went for having a bad eating habit! I never felt the necessity of eating home made foods. So, I never learnt even the ABC of cooking. Even when there was a lock down, I was ordering food from outside. I am not saying that those foods are bad. But, trust me homemade foods are always special and best of all.

 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash


3. Having a good budget:

Trust me or not, having a good budget may save your life. On the other hand, having a bad idea about home budgeting may kill you. Last year, I had gotten so accustomed with online shopping that I was buying 2-3 unnecessary things every week. 

For instance, I was buying tons of clothes and shoes even though I knew that I was having enough of them in my closet. But guess what, I didn't care and one day I discovered that I had broken the bank.

 So, my suggestion will be, even though online shopping is quite cheap and trendy nowadays that comes with loads of advantages, but it's important to note that you should never buy a single thing unnecessarily when you have enough of it. Because, in the end, a good budget will save your life.

 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash


4. Reading more books:

Since you belong to this generation, you may have already been influenced by social media to believe that reading books is so easy!! But, believe me it's not. 

Reading books doesn't mean only turning pages. It requires a minimal focus to understand what you're actually reading. I have been trying to read at least 1 book a month for a long time, but for various reasons, still I haven't been able to do so. 

So, having a proper reading habit is going to be my very first priority for this year.

 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash


5. Learning a new language:

Learning a new language feels like an unexpected achievement. But only those language learners know how painful it is! 

Having a consistent schedule and the courage will be the first things you will need to have, especially when you're a beginner. 

You may get inspired by yourself or by people around you. But, the obstacle comes from having a consistent schedule. I have been trying to learn Arabic for over a year. But the fact is, I could only learn those alphabets and I still can't remember the last time when I took a move to learn Arabic. It sounds hilarious but I am sure that it's also a true lifestyle of many current language learners like me.

 So, learning the language is going to be one of my biggest goals!!

 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash



That was all for today's article and also about my goals. Let me know in the comments about your thoughts regarding the post. Let us know about your self care resolution goals too. If you liked then please share it. "Sharing is caring"


.................................................................

Writer's bio:



My name is Abida Islam Progga and I am an ambitious girl form a little town of Bangladesh.

 I am a college student and I enjoy blogging as a part time job. From my early childhood, I have desired to be creative and to do something that will help people make their lives beautiful. 

 The COVID-19 pandemic inspired me to go for what I want.

 I saw my friends pandemic, even some of them became video creators and went viral. Their success was making me envious and finally I liberated myself and let myself do what I really want. I love writing. It gives me mental peace. At first, I was confused about what to write. I tested on some things and finally figured out that personal development is the niche that I am the most passionate about.

Blog link:

The Incredible Variety

https://theincrediblevariety013.blogspot.com/

#selfcare #guestarticle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Holidays πŸ₯³