Sunday 13 June 2021

My Parents Are The Cause Of My Depression

 Hi,

Thanks for creating this section. I can finally get this off my chest.

I hate my parents. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born.

My parents are toxic. For the most part of my life, they've spent it tearing me down. Nothing I do is good enough.

I feel like I'm the black sheep of the family. I have 2 siblings but seems like they're treated better than me and this has lowered my self esteem.

The words they say hurt me alot. There was a time I was in my room just listening to music. My mother walked in and said, "If you keep listening to that music, you'll be useless like your father."

I cried alot that night. This isn't the only instance. I'm a high performing student but my parents don't even appreciate it at all. When I show them my excellent performance, they just frown as opposed to when my siblings show them theirs. They are given more attention and congratulated on their performance.

I am now in college but I'm very depressed. I take alot of drugs to numb my pain. I've attempted suicide twice. My friends think I'm  just getting high for fun and they cheer me on. I just go with it because atleast it makes me feel good and celebrated for something in my life.

Although, deep down I'm scared of this dark hole I'm spiraling into.

Please help! 😭

Depressed student.

Our response:

Thank you for reaching out and opening up to us. You have made the first step to solving the problem.

We have to commend you on your excellent school performance. Keep it up! Your brilliance will take you to great places.

About your parents... Nobody chooses parents but as an individual, you have the freedom to choose who you become.

You are a result of your associations. Seems like you already know what type of friends you have.


The Secret Space is a safe space for anyone who would like to share their story or dilemma anonymously.

Feel free to email your story or dilemma to letstalkblog2015@gmail.com

We will respond.



Next issue:

Hi,

My boyfriend wants a threesome not FFM but MMF and he wants me to watch.

Should I be worried?

Undecided girlfriend.

6 comments:

  1. This is deep.
    Sending you hugs and prayers ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... Just saw this on Twitter.
    I know how it feels.
    Been there and got through it.
    The advice is on point.
    Start focusing on yourself because your life is your responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're healing.
      Keep going.
      You're doing great.

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain.
    Also dealing with toxic parents.
    I drown myself in school work to avoid the pain or just going home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lena...
      If you need to talk, feel free to email letstalkblog2015@gmail.com
      We are here for you.

      Delete
  4. Take heart.
    Great advice.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Holidays πŸ₯³