Saturday 8 May 2021

This Is How FIDA Helped Me Get Child Support

 *FIDA Kenya - "FederaciΓ³n Internacional dΓ© Abogadas" which translates to "International Federation of Women Lawyers"

It is the premier women's rights organization in Kenya which for over 32 years has offered free legal aid to over 320,000 women and their children. The matters range from custody and maintenance, matrimonial disputes, discrimination in employment, participation in public positions and sexual violence. (Source: Google.com)


 I got pregnant with this man. It was a real accident, you know things back firing. A long the way, the guy told me outright to get a life when I asked him to support. He knew I loved him so much and his mind had told him he could do or say anything and I wouldn't do a thing so as to keep him. I didn't quarrel with him. I went quietly to FIDA and the day he received that call of summon he froze. He called me evil. He said that I lied I loved him. I still did love him but a third human was on the way and I had to make a very wise choice.

He had thought that my love for him was so much I couldn't take any actions. Yes it was so much but not stupid enough to allow him to treat me like a 3rd class human.

I told him going the legal way was the best thing for all of us to avoid unnecessary tussles. He rose up to the occasion and embraced his responsibilities.

I wish women would make use of FIDA. FIDA doesn't seek to bring down men. In fact, the lawyers told me they would reconcile us so as to have a peaceful parenting.

We sought peace and he is now very supportive.

Our response:

Wow! This is so enlightening! We are glad to hear that you and your little one got the support you need from your baby daddy.

Thank you for sharing your story. Alot of women will find this very helpful and insightful.



The Secret Space is a safe space for anyone who would like to share their story or dilemma anonymously.

Feel free to email your story or dilemma to letstalkblog2015@gmail.com

We will respond.


Next issue:

Hi,

I am torn between my lesbian lover and sugar daddy.

Please help! 😩

6 comments:

  1. My sister really needs FIDA's help.
    This is so encouraging.
    I'm definitely sharing this with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing and we wish your sister all the best.
      If she ever needs to talk, we are open and ready to listen.

      Delete
  2. Just came across this on Facebook and it's so motivating especially to me as a young single mum. That child support can really go a long way.
    Baby daddy ran away as soon as I told him I was pregnant.
    How can I get FIDA's contact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey...
      So sorry for what you're going through.
      Just got this from their website:
      TEL: 0722509760.
      Email: info@fidakenya.org

      Wishing you and your little one all the best.
      All will be well.

      Delete
  3. Women really go through alot in the hands of irresponsible men.
    Thanks to FIDA for the great work and support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.
      Lots of irresponsible men running around hurting women.
      FIDA is really doing great.

      Delete

Happy Holidays πŸ₯³