Friday 11 September 2020

My Organic Skin Care Tips πŸ₯°πŸŒΉ

From time immemorial, skin care has been the most popular form of self care. In every culture or community, skin care is highly recommended in order to maintain a youthful and supple appearance.
Personally, skin care is part of my regular routine which has always got my squad and neighbours asking "Why is your face so smooth? You have such a baby face." That makes me feel good 😊 and motivates me to keep taking care of my skin. I shared my tips with them and received alot of positive feedback.
I only use organic items and so today, I'd like to share them with you.

Let's get right to it, shall we?

1. Aloe Vera Gel

This quarantine season got me focused on self care so much and I noticed some dark spots on my face and a few bumps.
I reached out to the CEO and Founder of Natural's Pride, Amelia Basil, for advice.
She recommended aloe vera gel and cucumber juice. I tried it and wow!!! I loved it!!


Photo courtesy

Photo courtesy

In 2 weeks, the dark eye patches under my eyes were gone and I applied the aloe vera gel on my entire body after a shower then applied my body lotion after 15-20 minutes and y'all..... My skin was SMOOTH!!! 🀩😍 It looks fresh and bubbly.
To get these results, you'll have to apply the combination consistently for 2 weeks.
The best part about it all is that you can make it at home.
This is the procedure:
  • Pluck some aloe vera leaves.
  • Extract the gel with a knife and place it in a container.
  • Use a blender or squeeze in a piece of light cloth (preferably a stocking)
  • Refrigerate it.
  • Peel the cucumber and grate it on a piece of cloth
  • Squeeze the juice in a separate container
  • Take a portion of the refrigerated aloe vera gel (the amount you intend to use at that moment) and mix with a portion of the cucumber juice.
  • Apply on your skin. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes. 
  • Finally, apply your moisturizer or body lotion.
  • To get the best results, apply the mixture before bed and in the morning.
Not only does aloe vera gel clear dark spots and acne but also cures sunburns. The large amount of antioxidants heal skin irritation and cool it hence giving it a fresh appeal.
In addition, if you have cracked heels on your feet, apply the gel to smoothen them.

2. Tomato

This amazing curlinary essential works wonders on eradicating acne, moderating oily skin, clearing dark spots and making the skin soft and supple. πŸ’–

Photo courtesy

Its usage procedure is very simple:
  • Cut a piece of tomato.
  • Apply the juice on your skin
  • Let it sit for 15-20 minutes then wash it off.
  • Apply moisturizer.
  • For best results, apply twice a day.
It also brightens dark armpits. Use it after you've shaved.

3. Ripe banana

This sweet fruit has been the most consistent item in my skin care products.
It cleanses the skin leaving it smooth, glowing, moisturized and feeling fresh. 🌬️
Struggling with acne or black spots? Banana is here to help.

Photo courtesy

It's very easy to use:
  • Cut a piece of ripe banana
  • Mash it in a bowl into a paste
  • Apply it on your face and any other part of your skin
  • Let it sit for 20-25 minutes
  • Wash it off
  • For best results, apply regularly twice a day 
The after effects... You'll feel your skin hydrated, soft and supple. 😍

4. Lemon

If you're a sweaty babe like me, then lemon is very essential to your daily life.
This sour fruit reduces excess sweat and brightens dark armpits leaving you feeling fresh. ✨✨

Photo courtesy
Usage procedure:

  • Cut a piece of lemon
  • Apply the juice on your armpits
  • Let it sit for however long you want i.e. a whole day or a while after shower then wash off.

5. Cucumber

This plant has worked very well for me in getting rid of eye bags and excess water in my armpits.
It also brightens dark armpits and spots, makes the skin resistant to acne and serves as an anti-aging ingredient since it tightens the skin thus making it firm. πŸ₯°
Want to look youthful? Cucumber is your answer.

Photo courtesy
How to use it:
  • Cut it into 6 pieces
  • Use 2 to apply the juice on your face and let it sit for 20 minutes
  • Place 2 under your armpits for 20 minutes
  • Lie down and place 2 on your eyes for 20 minutes
  • Wash off with warm water
  • Repeat regularly once a day before bed for best results

6. Water

I've been drinking 2 litres of water daily since 2017 and it has done alot of good for my skin and body. πŸ’™
Water hydrates your skin by flushing out toxins leaving it toned, tight, glowing and reduces acne.
If you're working out to shed off some weight or stay fit, drink water once you're done. It highly contributes to weight loss by pushing excess fluids in the belly area to spread all over the body.

Photo courtesy

I'm an organic enthusiast hence I trust that nature has all we need.
Feel free to share your feedback and your tips in the comments. We would love to know how you care for your skin.

Skin care is self love πŸ’–πŸ₯°


Article written by:

Leila, lead writer at Let's Talk Blog.

"I believe that self love is the beginning of healing."





Feel free to share with your followers using the social media buttons below 😊.




#skincare #selfcare #selflove #personaldevelopment #personalgrowth

Hey brilliant reader 😊.. Like this content? Subscribe to receive new content before anyone else.


Enter your email address:





Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Holidays πŸ₯³